YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
We have implemented many new practices and protocols to keep you healthy and safe during your visit to our office. These protocols begin before you even enter the clinic. We have adopted a "Contactless Check-In" process to limit the amount of time you will need to spend providing personal information upon arrival. We kindly ask that you complete the applicable Patient Intake Form prior to your appointment.
An online version can be found through this link: NEW PATIENT INTAKE FORM or RETURNING PATIENT INTAKE FORM. The pdf versions can be downloaded here if you'd prefer to complete the form (pdf fillable) and email it back to us, or simply print it and complete by hand. Completed forms can be emailed to [email protected]
NEW PATIENT INTAKE FORM: intake-form-2020-maple-ridge-eye-care.pdf
RETURNING PATIENT INTAKE FORM: returning-patient-intake-form-maple-ridge-eye-care.pdf
ARRIVING AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
Due to limits on the number of people we're allowing in the clinic at any time, please arrive for your appointment no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Prior to or immediately upon entering our office, we will require you to complete a self-declaration of health and undergo an infrared thermometer check. Please wait at our front door for someone to perform this screening. All patients should enter the office alone unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or caretaker. All patients will be given a fresh mask and pair of gloves to wear for the duration of your visit.
PLEASE RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT IF:
- you feel sick or are experiencing any of these symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath
- you have been outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
If any of these apply to you, please do not visit our office. Contact us to reschedule your appointment: we will be happy to rebook you for a future visit.
WHAT MAPLE RIDGE EYE CARE IS DOING:
- We take social distancing seriously. Please remember to keep 2 metres between you and others in the office during your visit. We have signs posted as reminders and floor decals to help guide you.
- In circumstances where social distancing is not possible (during parts of your eye exam, during an eyewear fitting), we have PPE in place to keep you, our staff and optometrists safe. This includes but is not limited to sneeze shields, face shields, safety eyewear, N95 masks and gloves.
- Anyone entering the office (including optometrists and staff) must complete the same self-declaration of health and undergo an infrared thermometer check. We ask that anyone that feels ill does not enter the office.
We have implemented a new healthy, clean and safe disinfection process which includes:
- Any eyewear that is tried on will be cleaned and sanitized thoroughly before it can be put back onto our frame displays.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic and we are asking patients to wash their hands upon arrival at our office, at which point we will provide you with clean, fresh gloves and a face mask if you do not have them available.
- We have increased the frequency of sanitizing with disinfectant in high touch areas (door handles, chair arms, desktops etc.)
- We will continue to sanitize all examination equipment thoroughly after each patient.
- Staff and optometrists are reminded to wash their hands frequently, between each patient encounter, as well as throughout the day.
We will also continue to find ways to offer you the same level of service with fewer points of direct contact: these include the availability of Telehealth consults for patients that are at-risk, quarantining or would simply prefer to stay at home, direct-to-patient delivery of contact lens orders and PayPal or e-transfer options for payment. Please call our office directly for more information at 604-463-4469.