YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
We have implemented many new practices and protocols to keep you healthy and safe during your visit to our office. These protocols begin before you even enter the clinic. We have streamlined our check-in process to limit the amount of time you will need to spend providing personal information upon arrival at our office. Our staff will ask you for the majority of the information we need for your exam while you are booking your appointment over the phone.
ARRIVING AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
Due to limits on the number of people we're allowing in the clinic at any time, please arrive for your appointment no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Prior to or immediately upon entering our office, we will require you to complete a self-declaration of health and undergo an infrared thermometer check. We have hand sanitizer at the front entrance and will ask you to sanitize your hands upon entering the building. All patients should enter the office alone unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or caretaker. Please bring a mask with you to your appointment. If you don't already have a mask, we will provide you with a new, fresh mask to wear.
Please note: All persons entering or remaining in our clinic must wear a mask covering their nose, mouth and under their chin for the duration of their visit. We reserve the right to refuse entry based on the safety of our patrons and staff.
PLEASE RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT IF:
- you feel sick or are experiencing any of these symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell or taste
- you have been outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days
If any of these apply to you, please do not visit our office. Contact us to reschedule your appointment: we will be happy to rebook you for a future visit.
WHAT MAPLE RIDGE EYE CARE IS DOING:
- We take social distancing seriously. Please remember to keep 2 metres between you and others in the office during your visit. We have signs posted as reminders and floor decals to help guide you.
- In circumstances where social distancing is not possible (during parts of your eye exam, during an eyewear fitting), we have PPE in place to keep you, our staff and optometrists safe. This includes but is not limited to sneeze shields, face shields, safety eyewear, N95 masks and gloves.
- Anyone entering the office (including optometrists and staff) must complete the same self-declaration of health and undergo an infrared thermometer check. We ask that anyone that feels ill does not enter the office.
We have implemented a new healthy, clean and safe disinfection process which includes:
- Any eyewear that is tried on will be cleaned and sanitized thoroughly before it can be put back onto our frame displays.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the clinic. We are asking patients to wash their hands upon arrival at our office and we will provide you with a face mask, if you don't have one available. Fresh gloves will also be available for those patients that would like to wear them.
- We have increased the frequency of sanitizing with disinfectant in high touch areas (door handles, chair arms, desktops etc.)
- We will continue to sanitize all examination equipment thoroughly after each patient.
- Staff and optometrists are reminded to wash their hands frequently, between each patient encounter, as well as throughout the day.
We will also continue to find ways to offer you the same level of service with fewer points of direct contact: these include the availability of Telehealth consults for patients that are at-risk, quarantining or would simply prefer to stay at home, a new online store where our patients can reorder contact lenses directly to their home, an emailed receipt for your office visit and PayPal or e-transfer options for payment. Please call our office directly for more information at 604-463-4469.