Did you know that every year, over 290 million contacts end up in Canadian landfills or waterways?
Maple Ridge Eye Care is proud to participate in an innovative contact lens recycling program developed by Bausch + Lomb. Every Contact Counts is a way for you to participate in the change by recycling your used contact lenses and blister packs. Here's how:
- Collect your discarded lenses and contact lens blister packs in any reusable or single use container or bag.
- Drop off the selected waste at our office to the recycling station located at our front desk.
- Pick up a program bag and then start the process again!
- Make sure all contact lens solution and excess moisture are removed from the recyclables. If you choose to rinse your lenses, please be sure they are completely dry before dropping them off.
- Please do not include cardboard boxes with your collections: these are recyclable through our regular municipal recycling program.
You can learn more about this program here.